The Manassas Park Sports Medicine program shall provide prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions, to the school’s student-athletes. The Athletic Training Staff is committed to becoming the leader in sports medicine services.
The Manassas Park Sports Medicine program delivers traditional athletic training and sports medicine services to Manassas Park student-athletes. The services provided can be divided into five domains:
1. Prevention of Athletic Injuries
2. Recognition, Evaluation, and Immediate Care of Athletic Injuries
3. Rehabilitation and Reconditioning of Athletic Injuries
4. Health Care Administration
5. Professional Development and Responsibility
The athletic training staff will work in conjunction with health care providers and athletic administration to assure that the student-athletes receive quality patient- and service-oriented care throughout their career at Manassas Park High School by:
1. Providing easy access to sports medicine services, responsive to the needs of the student-athlete;
2. Encouraging a philosophy of sport that places a high value on health and wellness;
3. Utilizing a proactive approach in reducing the risk of athletic injury for our student-athletes; and
4. Facilitating a medically, safe return to athletic participation as soon as possible.
The needs of the student-athlete will always come first for the sports medicine staff. The Manassas Park Sports Medicine staff’s goal is to provide our patients with the best health care possible. To do this, we strive to use the most efficient, proven and current technologies and practices, education, and injury maintenance, to provide high standard of care.
We are committed to:
1. The on-going evaluation of our sports medicine program;
2. Addressing problems and concerns in a timely manner, so the needs of our student-athletes and employees can continue to be met;
3. The continuous upgrading of equipment used in the delivery of sports medicine services;
4. Further addressing issues of increased staffing; and
5. The continuing of our education, clinical skills, code of ethics, and professional development,
that will assure the most modern and professional care available to our student-athletes.
We act upon the recommendations and guidelines as established by the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee, the Virginia High School League, the Zurich concussion guidelines, and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association.
Emergency Card (this form is required for every sport season)
Concussion Fact Sheet
Manassas Park Concussion Management Guidelines
Manassas Park Concussion Return-to-Play
Information For Visiting Schools